What happens in your appointment ?
Before your appointment you will receive a telephone consultation or an email from us to establish your requirements.
During your telephone consultation you will be asked the following pieces of information:
- Date of Wedding
- Bridesmaids Colours
- Your Hair Colour/Skin Tone
- What your normal dress size is
- If there is a particular colour or style you are particularly interested in
- The colour of the other mums outfit (if applicable)
You will also be advised if there is anything you need to bring with you to your appointment .We usually recommend that you wear the underwear you think you may wear on the day as this helps with fitting e.g. if you think you may wear tights , shapewear or a strapless bra it is advisable to wear or bring with you to your appointment.
We will take notes during the consultation and have your customer record to hand when you come for your appointment.
As we have around 400 outfits in the shop , we find it is helpful for us to pre-select some outfits based on your requirements , in order to avoid the lady feeling overwhelmed with our extensive selection. Our choice of outfits will usually be waiting for you in the changing room .
When you arrive we also suggest you select around 5 or 6 outfits that you would like to try on .
It is important to note that although the shop has a very extensive selection, the reception area itself is small and we can only accommodate a maximum of one other person accompanying you if you are booked in a standard appointment .
If you do require more guests to accompany you please let us know beforehand either by phone or in the notes if you are booking online.
We find that the more guests the lady brings with her , the more confused she feels about the choice of outfit.
We would recommend bringing with you the one or two people whose opinion matters enough for you to change your mind – for example perhaps the bride and /or your partner or your friend.
We may be serving two ladies in adjacent changing rooms at the same time so the other changing room may also have their guests accompanying them.If we do not have anyone else in the other changing room we may be able to accomodate additional guests up to a maximum of 3, however additional guests are by prior arrangement.
If you are booked into a private appointment (exclusive use of the shop), you may bring up to 3 other people with you/ 4 by arrangement.
Private appointments are charged at £25 which will be set against any outfit you purchase and include some refreshments .If you do not purchase an outfit you will lose your £25 or it can be put towards the purchase of accessories .We charge this for a private appointment as we are closing the shop to all other customers and you have both exclusive use and an extended appointment time.
Please note when you book an appointment with us ,you have our personal attention during the time of your appointment .Our main aim is to find you an outfit , hat and accessories that will not only make you look and feel amazing but will wow your guests.
We are not a Debenhams or a Marks and Spencer and so our prices reflect our personal attention, our vast choice of outfits and our designer brands so please do not ask for a discount when you purchase with us.
We do have an extensive sale section with prices from £150-£350 so there should be something to suit all budgets.
Normal Retail Prices range from £295 to £650 with the average price being around the £500 mark for an outfit consisting of dress and jacket. Hats and accessories are available separately .
All our style consultants are very experienced in knowing what will suit you and complement other colours and in nearly every case the lady will end up purchasing an outfit that they would never have even considered due to its colour or style .
We therefore ask you to keep a very open mind when trying on our outfits as often they have no hanger appeal yet when on they are stunning!
In addition nearly all of our designers come up very small (particularly as many of them are from European designers catering for French,Spanish or Belgian ladies who seem to be a very different size to British ladies!)so you are extremely likely to need between 1-2 sizes larger than your normal UK dress size.
The outfits usually also require some form of alteration whether straps need lifting ,taking in at the side or taking up at the hem.We have a team of independent seamstresses based inside the shop who are all used to altering our outfits so they will be able to make the outfit fit you perfectly.
After your appointment there may be several different courses of action you follow.
- You may decide you have found the perfect outfit and accessories and you choose to purchase them.
- You may wish another person to come and see you in the outfit in order to make up your mind.If this is the case we will book you a short half hour appointment where you can try on up to 3 outfits with accessories in order that you get the right look.
- You may decide that you really like a particular outfit but you would like to go away and think about it .If this is the case we would advise that you put a £50 holding deposit on the outfit and we will hold for 7 days .This deposit will be fully refundable when you come back into the shop. As our stock sells very quickly and we cannot usually re-order another outfit the same in the same size or colour , we would hate for you to be disappointed.In addition , in 9 times out of 10 we find ladies purchase from us due to our extensive selection and don’t need to go anywhere else.There is nothing worse than trekking round 6 different mother of the bride shops with several others in tow only to come back for the first outfit you tried on in the first shop and find it’s gone!